On average, tokens cost 40% to 50% of the coins they replace. Here's some simple math to determine how long it can take to recoup the cost of tokens.
Cost of tokens - $0.45 each
Quantity Ordered - 10,000
10,000 x $0.45 = $4,500
Total cost of the tokens - $4,500
Average Loss per Week - 2%-5%.
Value of the Tokens - $1.00
200 tokens x $0.45 + $90.00
$200.00 - $90.00 = $110 profit
In less than 1 year (41 weeks) you've recouped your entire investment.
But wait, there's additional savings!
- Less capital tied up in currency
- Customers spend more time washing
- Eliminated cross-play from competitors' tokens
- Reduce the amount of damage caused by break-ins
And additional benefits!
- Tokens weigh 60% less than quarters, resulting in less back breaking work
- Cash boxes fill up slower, requiring less frequent service
- Your carwash is no longer the "local bank" for people who need change
- Tokens (especially high security tokens) can only be used at your facility
- Tokens inflict less wear and tear on mechs and changers
- Branded tokens act as "mini billboards", advertising your facility
- Tokens don't require a trip to the bank and are readily available
- Value can be changed quickly, without changing the actual tokens
- Reduce employee skimming
If you have questions about how tokens can increase profits and how to make the change from quarters to tokens, give us a call. As the token experts, we're happy to help and provide information that will walk you through how to add tokens to the mix or to switch to tokens entirely.